Friday, January 22, 2010

Regional Contact filming in my studio

I got a call last week from Kathie Donovan from Regional Contact, a show on our local television station, CTV Ottawa. The show interviews local people with interesting stories - artists, musicians, craftspeople, winter camping enthusiasts - you get the idea. It's a half hour show with two segments per show and has been running in the area for thirty years. It's very popular and people love it.

I was delighted to participate, so she came down last week to Arthéna, the shop/gallery where I work, to interview me and shoot some pictures of my work. She returned today, to my home studio, to take some footage of me making things and to get pictures of the larger sculptures. I had a blast!

My studio was completely taken over with lights, tripods, and wires snaking everywhere.



And I asked nicely and Kathie and her cameraman, Peter, were kind enough to pose for a picture with me. Here we are.




Kathie will be back in touch when the program airs. And it will be on their website for a little while - I'll post a link when I find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment