Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Exposition Renaissance

July 14, 2009

Sculpture installion for Exposition Renaissance at Centre Culturel Jacques Auger, Hull QC

Okay, so I have been chastened. I was supposed to deliver Interaction on Monday, July 13. Oops. I got a gruff call from Jeah-H. Guilmette, the president of the CSQ and the organizer of the show, asking where my sculpture was, the show is almost completely mounted and there's not much space left. Yipes! So I loaded it into the car (thankfully, another sculpture that fits in the Subaru) and made haste.

Jean-H. let me in and watched me unpack the monster fan I've been using to blow a wind that makes my lady look like a superhero. He looked critically at it as told me blunted it was ugly, it didn't compliment my sculpture, and should be replaced. So I tucked my tail between my legs and went to track down a new fan. I found a nifty new one at Giant Tiger (how convenient!) and went back home to get some wire and tools. I mounted it under the bike wheel and it looks great. The folks mounting the show even helped me with the ingenious power cord wrapping so it could be plugged in but the cord wouldn't be seen.


See the little fan just under the wheel between her feet? Much nicer. Jean-H. was right. Thank you! The new fan blows a gentler breeze. It looks subtle and ethereal. I like it.

Here's some photos of the room.


Here's a view from the far side of the room, facing my sculpture. See it – the tiny wire lady in the middle background? Behind the man with the balloon and the wooden “X”?

And here's a view of the room from where my sculpture is.



Opening night tomorrow from 5 to 7 pm. Will I see you there?

No comments:

Post a Comment