Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Installing stained glass at Arthéna

July 9, 2009

Installing stained glass at Arthéna in Old Chelsea, QC

With my stained glass already packaged from its return from art09 in Toronto, I loaded it all in the car and was off the Arthéna on Thursday afternoon to hang it in the gallery.

I discovered the shop had acquired a new glass mosaic artist since my last visit, and two panels were already in the windows (including in the front window space I had plans to hang my panels in that you see as you first come in the door – too bad!). There were many other windows to hang my pieces in, however, and it looks great!

Here's the panels mounted in the other front window, deeper in the gallery. I like having the displays in front.

I hung two mirror-mounted pieces on the wall beside another large window, and the small and medium-sized squares on either side of the mosaic in the bow window facing the parking lot. Then I used the remaining window (conveniently on eye level with the entrance to Olivier, the soap shop behind the gallery) to display the framed and unframed vignettes. The Vignettes in the white frames hang down straight, with the frames hanging at a 45 degree angle. It's a nice visual when viewed from below.
I returned to pick up the large blue panel for repair (the solder had broken and a piece had slipped out of place) yesterday, and Capucine, the manager, told me she has received many positive comments about my stained glass. I think the larger pieces will encourage custom orders and bump the sales of the smaller, more affordable Vignettes and squares.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment